Hashtags can be found on Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms. A social media strategist on your team would have suggested any number of crossover promotions to capitalize on these events to entice customers. Each week I will give you a heads up on some hashtag phrases and some suggestions.
- Car Dealer? Give away a $20 gift certificate to a local ice cream store for every test drive. $20 should cover a family of 4. (sorry no ice cream in car!)
- Ballet School? While a steady diet of ice cream may not be advisable for a ballet student, it is a nice reward for excellence in training. Consider a picture of a student performing an Arabesque or Croisé while perfectly balancing an ice cream cone.
Hashtag of the day: #NationalGetOutoftheDogHouseDay (3rd Monday in July) July 18, 2016
- Restaurant? Suggest a quiet dinner where customers can “talk it out” away from work or family interruptions. (when making reservations you can offer them a more secluded table for privacy)
Hashtag of the day: #NationalDaiquiriDay July 19, 2016
- Bar? Ladies night special, which will attract women, which will attract men, which will increase overall business, no matter what they drink.
Hashtag of the day: #NationalPicnicMonth
- Package Store? Invite picnickers to come to the store with an empty cooler, buy a 6 pack of beer or bottle of wine and you will fill cooler with ice free of charge— plus give them a voucher for twice the cost of the containers to insure they bring the recyclables back rather than abandon at the beach or park.
Hashtag of the day: #NationalGetToKnowYourCustomersDay July 21, 2016 (3rd Thursday of Each Quarter)
- Any type of business? Get out from behind the counter or the back office and mingle with the customers. Customer engagement 1.0! Personally hand out % off sales vouchers “I’m the owner (or manager) and I want to show my appreciation for coming into the store today with these certificates. Pick one out of the box, please.” And who knows it might convince them to buy something if they had only been on the fence about a purchase.
Hashtag of the day: #NationalHotDogMonth
- Accounting Firm? Show your appreciation for your clients and at same time reinforce your money handling skills by being financially sound enough to hold a hot dog bar-b-que in the company parking lot or in a nearby park. Invite your clients (and have them invite friends).
Information is a commodity that is bought & sold — but it is also a tool that you can use to benefit your business. In skilled hands, information— even something as simple as a constructed “National Day or Month” will make today a better business day for you & your customers.
(Anthony M. Scialis is a social media strategist focusing on blogging & tweeting as a two-step customer service effort in bridging the gap between the wants of your small business to grow and the needs of your customers to be satisfied. Follow https://twitter.com/amssvs)