Hashtags can be profitable for you & your business— and they don’t cost you a penny, unlike advertising. Hashtags are being used everywhere, not only on Twitter and Instagram, but they are also creeping up in Facebook. How do you and your customers benefit? Tie-ins of products & services with national events.
Week of July 23, 2018
- National Vanilla Ice Cream Day, July 23- Did you know that the country that consumes the most ice cream is USA, followed by Australia then Norway? Or that Vanilla is the only edible fruit of the orchid family, the largest family of flowering plants in the world?
- National Drive-Thru Day, July 24- Think about it, besides food outlets, businesses from banks to pharmacies encourage you to use your car to use drive thrus. Lots of creative options beyond food.
- National Hot Fudge Sundae Day, July 25- Did you know that reportedly one of the most expensive sundaes to be ordered is at Serendipity 3 in New York City for $1000?
- National Coffee Milkshake Day, July 26- Cool deal on a hot July day!
- Take Your Pants for a Walk Day, July 27- Did you know that walking not only helps burn calories, but can also boost a person’s mood and can help treat depression?
- World Nature Conservation Day July 28- Discuss conservation of nature, trees, plants, city parks.
- National Chicken Wing Day, July 29- Buffalo, New York lays claim to the birthplace of the chicken wing and that’s why they are often called Buffalo wings as well.
Obviously, the hashtag “National Day of” items I selected are mostly food oriented, and the tie-in, if you indeed serve them, is evident. Some form of discount that day in honor of the food item would be the enticement to increase traffic flow. A cleverly worded tweet. A tantalizing photo on Instagram. Customers & pictures on Facebook.
Or cross tie-in with a restaurant— for example, products purchased in your store earn a voucher for chicken wing lunch or ice cream sundae snack! Win/win/win for your store, your customers, and other small businesses in your community.
(Your thoughts are ALWAYS welcome. Turn this into a conversation either here or on my Twitter account @amssvs}