We really do need a little Christmas right this very minute. COVID and the Election have drained us emotionally. What is your community doing to help one another end the year on a happier note? Courtesy of info posted by Destination Salem, here are some events and shopping options in Salem, Ma.
Virtual Holiday Events
- Christmas in Salem is thought to be the nation’s longest-running holiday house tour. Historic Salem’s annual fundraiser features virtual tours of historic houses decorated for the holidays.
- Throughout the month of December, enjoy musical performances from Salem State Center Creative and Performing Arts from the comfort of your own living room.
- Get out your dancing shoes and make space in your living room for Hamilton Hall’s Virtual Holiday Dance on December 19.
- The Peabody Essex Museum (PEM) has taken window-shopping to a whole new level with a colorfully designed space– splashed in a shade of Hot Lips Pin– next to the museum to celebrate the opening of the bold new exhibition Made It: The Women Who Revolutionized Fashion. The PEM shop is also offering online shopping with a convenient curbside pick up.
- J.Mode and Moody’s Home and Gifts are offering online shopping with a convenient curbside pick up.
- ChagallPAC is offering a zoom shopping experience; customers pick out whatever item they would like and receive it with free shipping when ordered online at ChagallPAC.com.
- Salem Witch Museum has some new offerings and souvenirs online, and history buffs can explore their Witch Trials Online Sites from the comfort of their home computer.
- Style Snoop has a social media shop where customers can shop online anytime.
- Spread some holiday cheer (sort of) with a Grinchy-Gram, a personalized video from The Grinch, sponsored by Gallows Hill Museum/Theatre.
- Along with the same holiday character idea, Salem Food Tours will have Ralph, the incorrigible Elf, and Mrs. Claus to send joy and homemade candy canes from Ye Olde Pepper Candy Co. to your home or office
Salem, primarily known for the Haunted Happenings experience in October, may soon also become a shopper’s paradise in December… for people who need a little Christmas right this very minute..
(We Need a Little Christmas lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd. Songwriters: Jerry Herman)